Single person discount

The full Council Tax bill assumes that there are two or more adults (i.e. people aged 18 or over) living in a property.

If only one person aged 18 or over lives in your property, we can give you a Single Person Discount to reduce your bill by 25%.

You will need to tell us about anybody who is temporarily away from home. This includes those in hospital, in a nursing home, working away or on holiday. We may need to decide where their main home is.

To claim a single person discount you can complete our online form. Please make sure you include a telephone number or an email address in case we need to contact you.

Single person discount form