The Development Plan is the starting point for all planning decisions within the Chiltern Area of Buckinghamshire Council. The Development Plan currently consists of the following documents:
- The Adopted Local Plan (1997)
- The Adopted Core Strategy (2011)
- The Policies Map
- Minerals and Waste Development Plan Documents (prepared by Buckinghamshire County Council)
- Any Adopted Neighbourhood Plans*
* - Neighbourhood Plans are only applicable to the Neighbourhood Area which the Plan applies.
The New Local Plan will supersede the adopted Core Strategy, Policies Map, and Local Plan. The Councils new Local Plan is currently at Examination.
In addition to Development Plan Documents, applicants should also consider any Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) which may be relevant to the application as well as relevant National Policy and Guidance as these are a material consideration as part of the decision making process.