Personal Searches

Land Charges

You may inspect the registers during our opening times:

  • 9.00 am to 5.00pm Monday - Thursday
  • 9.00 am to 4.30pm on Fridays

There is a facility to view the Local land Charges Register via a dedicated browser located in our Customer services reception. You do not need an appointment, but may have to wait if the terminal is already in use

The register you view is an extract of the electronic Land Charges Register. There is no charge to inspect the register and it has not been verified by the Local Land Charges staff. You should make your own enquiries to ensure its accuracy

  • You are advised to check the computerised Public Access system for any further Planning Applications that may be on the property.

There is a right for members of the public to inspect other statutory registers. Please note some of these registers are held electronically and some are paper based. An appointment is required if you wish to view the paper held registers maintained by departments within Buckinghamshire Council.

  • The public registers which you are entitled to view at Buckinghamshire Council: Planning register, Register of enforcement notices, stop notices & breach of condition notices, Hazardous substances, Noise abatement zones register, Records relating to hedgerows, Tree preservation orders, Contaminated land, register of licences & management orders including Temporary Exemption notices.
  • The Index's from the first two paper enforcement & breach of condition notices registers are available to view via the terminal with the dedicated browser. The files are called Register ONE and Register TWO, please read the information on the first page of each register.
  • There is no right to take copies in any way (including images via camera, portable scanner or mobile 'phone etc). You are likely to be in breach of copyright under The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
  • If required, upon request and payment of the correct fee, the Personal Searcher will be supplied with an Office Copy of a Registration or any document, map or plan deposited with or filed by the Council in connection with a Registration. This will not be available instantly but will be dealt with as soon as reasonably practicable, bearing in mind current workloads.

From 1st April 2009 answers to CON29 enquiries can be provided for a reasonable fee.


Various pieces of information are freely available to enable the completion of some of the CON29R enquiries, whilst other information is not in the public domain.

Any drainage enquiries should be directed to Thames Water.

Comments, suggestions or complaints should be addressed to the Legal Services Manager, at the address below:

Local Land Charges
Buckinghamshire Council
King George V House
King George V Road
Bucks HP6 5AW
email -
Tel - 01494 732007