Commercial and private waste

Waste and Recycling

Commercial waste

We do not provide a waste collection for commercial properties.

If you need to dispose of waste from a commercial property, you should use a licensed waste disposal company. You will need to have a trade refuse agreement with the waste disposal company.

For further guidance visit GOV.UK - guidance for managing your waste

Non-hazardous commercial waste

You can also dispose of non-hazardous commercial waste during the week at Buckinghamshire Council's five household waste and recycling centres in:

  • Amersham

  • Aston Clinton

  • Aylesbury

  • Beaconsfield

  • High Wycombe

For more information see Commercial Waste

Private waste removal

You may wish to use a private waste carrier to collect waste from a domestic property. For example, to collect waste from building work, DIY work or from a house clearance.

If you need to arrange a waste collection by a private waste carrier, the law says you must use a registered waste carrier.

To check if a waste carrier is registered as a waste carrier, search the Environment Agency's - public register of waste carriers  or phone their authorisations team on 03708 506 506.

Failure to check is a criminal offence. However, recording the registration number of any vehicle removing waste will mean that if it is later dumped illegally, they should face prosecution and not you.