Contacting the Ombudsman

Chat (3)

We will try our best to solve your problem. However, if you are still not satisfied, you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is independent and can investigate to see if a local council has acted unfairly or if you have been caused an injustice.


Before the Local Government Ombudsman can investigate a complaint the Council must have a chance to answer it. If you are not satisfied with the Council's answer, or if the Council does not give you an answer within a reasonable time you can complain to the Ombudsman. You should make your complaint in writing within 12 months of you becoming aware of the problem.

You can contact the Ombudsman at:

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Fax: 024 7682 0001

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman