Why work for us?
Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils have successfully embraced the challenges of modern government through taking a progressive partnership approach to offering services.
We are proud of what we have achieved through our joint working and we are passionate about delivering excellent services to our customers every day and meeting the needs of our local communities.
Our staff survey results consistently tell us that our employees think this is a great place to work and that they are proud to work for the Councils. An Investor in People (IiP) Assessor commented that, "staff are incredibly positive about their work for the Council, committed to its success and have a high level of satisfaction".
We have worked together to develop our set of Values which embody the culture of our work, through our Customer Focus, Collaboration, Challenge, Commitment and Courtesy.
Every member of staff plays a pivotal role in shaping our future and therefore our staff enjoy a highly competitive total reward package.
Pay and Benefits
Our reward package recognises that whatever job you do you need to:-
- Be fairly rewarded for the work that you do;
- Be trained and developed so that you reach your full potential;
- Strike a balance between your work life and home life;
- Be happy and healthy at work.
When you join Chiltern District Council we'll give you access to a highly competitive total reward package that's proven to attract, motivate and retain the best people. The things you'll be able to enjoy include:-
- Pay - we regularly check our salaries against other authorities to make sure we're competitive and keeping up with changes in the market. We'll also review your basic pay every year.
- Holidays - our holiday entitlements are very generous. In addition to the 8 bank holidays you'll be entitled to a minimum of 25 days' holiday per year, rising to 30 days after 5 years. In addition to this, through our flexi-scheme you can accrue up to 13 days of flexi-leave per year, and our salary sacrifice scheme enables you to purchase up to 5 additional days of annual leave. Obviously, if you work part-time this will be pro-rated.
- Pension - nowadays, we're all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. This is why we offer all our employees membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme which is administered for us by Bucks County Council. For full details visit: Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working - most staff are able to participate in our flexible working scheme which includes the ability to work from home, work flexible hours and a range of other flexible and part time working patterns.
- Salary Sacrifice - join one of our Salary Sacrifice schemes, covering childcare vouchers, holiday buying or cycle to work and you could save money on tax and National Insurance.
- Discounts - you can take advantage of a wide range of special discounts covering local trains and busses, leisure attractions, mobile phone contracts and many more products and services.
- Heath & Wellbeing - your wellbeing is a priority, and we want you to be the best you can be. That's why we'll offer you round the clock access to support services via our Employee Assistance Programme alongside heavily discounted admission to swim and gym facilities, to keep you fighting fit.
- Parking - while you're at work you'll be provided with free workplace parking.
- Learning and development - to improve your confidence at work and equip you with all the skills you need, we offer a comprehensive range of training options and management coaching, giving you all the support you need to do your job well.
- Refreshments - while you're at work you'll be provide with free tea and coffee.