The Council asked residents for their views on building a new facility bringing a leisure centre, library and community centre into one new building.
The consultation ran from 5 November until 12 December 2016 and we had 2,386 responses, with overwhelming support.
- 80% agreed or agreed strongly with the proposed development
- 70% agree it's appropriate to develop facilities as one development
- 80% agree the new facility should offer a wider range of sport, leisure and community activities
- 70% agree the new facility should be developed on the existing site
- 90% agreed leisure and community facilities should continue to operate while construction of the new facility is underway
Land Swap Consultation
To enable the proposed development to progress, Amersham Town Council considered releasing a small part of the King George V Playing Field. In return, Chiltern District Council would transfer the ownership of the green at Woodside Close to Amersham Town Council and provide additional green space to enhance the setting of the historic barn buildings.
The consultation to gauge residents' views ran from 1 September to 2 October 2017. The results are given in the table below, showing strong support for the land swap proposal.
Next steps: Chiltern District Council and Amersham Town Council will be submitting a formal application to Fields in Trust to allow the land swap to go ahead. The decision regarding the outcome of this process is expected to be made in early 2018.