The Council asked residents for their views on building a new facility bringing a leisure centre, library and community centre into one new building.
The consultation ran from 5 November until 12 December 2016 and we had 2,386 responses, with overwhelming support.
- 80% agreed or agreed strongly with the proposed development
- 70% agree it's appropriate to develop facilities as one development
- 80% agree the new facility should offer a wider range of sport, leisure and community activities
- 70% agree the new facility should be developed on the existing site
- 90% agreed leisure and community facilities should continue to operate while construction of the new facility is underway