Hotels across all districts in Bucks are being encouraged to support the Hotel Watch Scheme which is aimed at preventing child sexual exploitation and domestic violence and raising awareness to the signs that may point towards abuse taking place with the 'SAY something if you SEE something' catchline.
All districts in the county - Aylesbury, Chiltern, South Bucks and Wycombe - are involved in the scheme, in partnership with Thames Valley Police.
The Chiltern and South Bucks partnership has strong membership of local hoteliers and proprietors who want to play their part in keeping a safe environment. Hotels and bed and breakfast premises which participate in the scheme display the distinctive Hotel Watch stickers.
What is Hotel Watch?
Hotel Watch is a scheme which has been designed to link hotels with local authorities in order to tackle Child Sexual Exploitation.
The aim of the Hotel Watch is to:
- Combat child sexual exploitation
- Identify and minimise potential crime trends within the accommodation sector
- Encourage the collection and sharing of intelligence and information
- Promote a safe and crime free environment
- Strengthen links between local hoteliers and proprietors, with community safety partners
- Promote training and awareness in dealing with specific crime topics and trends
Hotels and B&Bs supporting Hotel Watch:
- The Lodge at Manor Barn B&B, Amersham
- The Chequers B&B, Amersham
- Cherry Trees B&B, Amersham
- The Crown Inn Amersham
- Saracens Head Inn, Amersham
- Coppermill B&B, Chalfont St Giles
- The Ivy, Chalfont St Giles
- White Hart Hotel, Chalfont St Giles
- The Greyhound Inn, Chalfont St Peter
- The Bedford Arms, Chenies
- Chartridge Loge, Chesham
- Moniques B&B, Chesham
- Latimer Place, Chesham
- Chesham B&B, Chesham
- Nags Head Restaurant and Hotel, Great Missenden
- Garden Cottage B&B, Great Missenden
- Missenden Abbey, Great Missenden
- Clovers B&B, Hazelmere
- Kings Arms Hotel, Old Amersham
- The Crown Inn, Old Amersham
SAY something if you SEE something
- Call 101 or 999
- Your call is confidential
- Police call handlers will ask you a series of questions
- Preserve evidence. Do not move items from the room, do not let anyone go into the room until the police arrive or instruct you otherwise
- The police will follow up and the impact on your hotel will be minimal
If you would like any more information on Hotel Watch or are a hotel owner and would like to be part of the scheme please contact us via the Hotel Watch email - email@example.com